Sunday, March 27, 2011

SB 2011

Some of our dear church friends loaded up on Thursday afternoon and headed to Lake of the Ozarks in the middle of Missouri for the weekend. It's the fourth year this crew has taken the trip (our third), and it's quite fabulous. It gets better each year. This is so probably because my friendships with these folks have grown, and of course we have some fun new little people added to the mix. (However, we SEVERELY missed the Lutz family.) I vowed to take more pictures this year as I only took one last year (and it was at Bob Evans on our way home), but I'll have to promise myself to actually take pictures of us girls in the future. For some reason, the boys and the kids are the only ones photographed this year. Oh well. I made progress. Instead of describing everything about the weekend, I'll just list the major moments:
1. Four hour car ride with an 11 month old and a 6 month old=incredibly impressed. These two girls were rock stars.
2. I did some MAJOR damage at the J.Crew outlet. MAJOR. Therefore, instead of continuing my shopping spree, I played "stylist" for the other girls the rest of the day on Friday. I had so much fun just sitting in the fitting rooms discussing sizing, fit, and style. Loved it.
3. Daniel masterminded two amazing dinners on Friday and Saturday nights. Grilled chicken, burgers, veggies, and beans on Friday. Chicken fajitas on Saturday. Yum.
4. Hot tub. It was unusually cold (as it always is on our SB trips), and the clean hot tub was the perfect place to relax each day/night.
5. Oh yeah...Daniel also prepared breakfast, and it was delicious. French toast, eggs, and sausage one morning. Biscuits and gravy the next.
6. The rest of the weekend included lots of basketball watching, great conversation, and playing with three really cute baby girls.

[Please disregard the mauve carpets and early 90s decor. The owners of the house must have a love for pastels and southwestern US.]

Reese and Sarah just playing around.

Reese in her little bunny onesie and doing what she does best--jumping.

Sarah and Blair with Becca. Sweet girls.

Wes and Sarah playing a little Wii golf.

Utz cheese balls are a staple. I had my first taste this year, and I won't be adding them to my grocery list.

The girls. Blair, Reese, and Sarah. Don't worry, mom--Reese had a cardigan and leggings on with her dress, but this was right after a diaper change, and I thought we better snap the pics while we could.

Yeah, we put her warmer clothes on right after this. :)

One of my favorite things about the weekend? I LOVED really getting to see R's personality. Being with two other kiddos, certain characteristics really stood out for each girl. Reese=content, quiet, "takes it all in", and she needs some alone time. She would just smile and laugh when we brought her in our room, and she laughed the entire drive home. This was one of those alone moments. LOVE her.

A good picture of the weekend for the boys. Baby monitors, dominoes, and drinks.

Oh, look. Wes took a pic of his girls on Friday morning with my phone. See? I actually was there. And that owl hat is getting a bit snug. Look back at pictures from October to see how much that cute noggin has grown.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

We really missed being there too! Sounds like a great trip for babies! Glad to know the tradition continues and maybe one of these days we can join back up with you all on a SB trip :)

Amy said...

So glad you guys had fun! Jealous of the updated outlet wardrobes, can't wait to see. :)