Monday, December 12, 2011

A Weekend Away

Before I left on Thursday morning, I was determined to get our Christmas card picture taken. However, other plans won. Reese was all dressed and ready...

And she sure was in a cute mood. 

We ended up canceling our picture date because Wes had to pick up his parents who were on their way up here when they hit a deer and were stuck in Clarksville. Reese was put in her pajamas and into bed before they got here, and then I left before she woke the next morning. Oh well. We have plans for a photo shoot tomorrow. We just need a photographer at lunch time. Anyone?!
Onto the trip...It was fantastic. And I'm exhausted. I won't go into all the details, but I'll share lots of my pics with you this morning. We are all sharing our pictures with each other soon, and a couple of the others brought real cameras with them, but these are just my phone pics. Enjoy, and try to soak in the holiday spirit that was found ALL over the city.

Night #1. Balthazar in SOHO. 

A stroll through Rockefeller Center after dinner.

It was a gorgeous night with perfect weather.

THE tree.

Friday morning. NYC Public Library.

Bryant Park with the birthday girl.

Bryant Park.

Grand Central Station.

Central Park.

Right before our carriage ride.

Here you go, Mom. This is her favorite hotel.

My NYC purchase.

Pre-Broadway dinner at Rino Trattoria. YUM.

Dinner at Mesa Grill by Bobby Flay. Oh My.

These are totally out of order, but last night when I got home, I walked in the front door to a completely decorated home. Thanks, Susie and Tommy for doing some finishing touches and the fresh garlands outside.


Christmas cards began to come in while I was gone, and they are possibly one of my favorite things about December. I can't wait to see them fill up my mailbox and frame in the next few weeks.

Ahhh. I love the greenery.

I need a close-up of the basket here. It's gorgeous. Thanks, Susie.

9/11 Memorial. I was incredibly moved.

Times Square.

Madison Square Garden. We watched Duke and Oklahoma State play. Pretty cool and very awesome for the two huge basketball fans and one OSU alum.

Sardi's post-Broadway for dessert.

Here's how the locals get their Christmas trees. Love the festive-ness.

We had some crazy moments such as stopping to clip toe nails in the middle of Times Square, sitting by ourselves on the horse-driven carriage while our "driver" used the bathroom in a restaurant across the street, watching Santas take over the entire city all day long on Saturday as part of a Santa Bar Crawl, and running into one of my friends who moved to NYC this summer randomly in the Subway. This trip was so much fun and such a great time with some of my dearest friends. Okay, I'm going to go get some things unpacked before Reese wakes up from her nap. Or I may catch a short snooze myself.

5 comments:

Lauren Lashlee said...

SO FUN!!!! I love NYC during Christmas! It makes me want to go so bad. Looks like yall had a great time. Cute coat by the way- LOVE it!! Oh, and love Reese's outfit in the first couple pics... just presh!!

Mom said...

Oh WOW!! It looks like you had so much fun and did so many wonderful things! Glad you went by the Algonquin!!
Love those pictures of Reese!!!
Susie did a great job decorating too!!
So glad you went and had a great time!!

Leslie said...

Thanks for making the trip happen! I loved every second of it. Can't wait for the next trip with you!

Little S said...

Super jealous of your weekend away with such sweet friends! Glad you had a good time. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Amy said...

So glad you guys had a great time!!